Wednesday, 4 December 2013

My Perfect Pencil (Skirt)



So after having a fear of the dreaded tube pencil skirts for quite sometime, I made the decision to try them out this year, after seeing them in so many shops and on so many lovely ladies I thought to myself there must be one I can wear and not feel huge in. 

And the weirdest place that I managed to find the right skirt was Primark! I rarely manage to find things in there because I find the sizing to be very inconsistent. But these are by far my best purchases from there! 


I got my first two, the green and the purple from the ever so lovely Kelly who runs The Curvy Kitten, my local store only had 12's and I tried that first and whilst it fit, it was very snug, so Kelly managed to get me some 14's and they were perfect. 

They hug my body just right, and although they do enhance my belly a little I honestly think they look great and I feel great in them, they show my rear (which I have grown to love as it has grown!) They are exactly what I wanted and at £5 a skirt, I couldn't ask for more, the Jersey fabric is stretchy enough but also keeps it's shape, and so far they have all washed just fine.





(The last photo I wish I could leave the house like that, maybe a blazer over the top) 


I think they are so great that I hunted down some more and I still am, I currently have 7 the five pictured above and one in grey and a royal blue, they do have a fairly bold orange colour but I felt it didn't really work on me so it didn't join my collection. They are very practical for me to wear out shopping with tops like the above photos, and I also wear them for work with a longer tunic type top. The length is great as well, they sit a couple of inches below my knees, depending on how high I pull them up. They also work well with my heels, flats or my big chunky winter boots, so I think it's safe to say I love them, they have been the perfect addition to my wardrobe and I will admit I have been wearing them a lot more than I thought I would, it's much easier and looks much nicer than just throwing on my jeans. 

(All photos belong to me)

*The skirts are available in most Primark stores and they cost just £5!*






2 comments:

  1. Why have I never seen these?! I love how they come in a variety of colours too. Will definitely have to go check them out.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There weren't many in the Scunthorpe store at first but now they seems to be loads in, they are kinda near the workwear stuff in my shop I don't know about others :)
      x

      Delete