Friday, 6 December 2013

Flirting with Frankie



So in October it was my birthday and the lovely Laura at LargeCup Lingerie sent me another lovely Tutti Rouge bra as a belated birthday gift, it was the lovely Frankie bra and the Suspender Skirt in cornflower blue. 



It was so pretty (as I'm finding with every Tutti set I come across), it had the usual details on the Tutti bras that we all love, the heart on the straps and the embroidered Tutti Rouge on the back clasp, and it was very ruffley. 
The ruffles are a little over the top for everyday wear personally, especially on the skirted suspender, whilst pretty, I'm not quite sure how practical it would be. The colour on the other hand I found really cute and different, whilst it wasn't what I would consider a pastel shade it wasn't too bright it was in between and I thought that was nice to see in lingerie, I always love (although they can be slightly impractical) coloured underwear.





Now onto the fit, of the balconette styles from the brand this is almost perfect on me and I was pretty miffed that it didn't fit. The band was spot on, firm but not overbearingly tight which I do like in a bra, it was the cups, the cups are that bit too small, if only they made it up to a J I think I would have been onto a keeper! The bra also wasn't east vs west on me at all which made me really smile, I sometimes have a problem when the gore is a little too wide, it can push me apart a little too much, but that wasn't a problem at all with Frankie. The last photo I have tried to show the same thing that happens with all Tutti bras on me, because I'm not full on the bottom I don't always fill the bottom of the cups on bras, this isn't as much has others. This mixed with the fact I'm fuller on top makes the 32HH too small in the cup, which is upsetting because it's so adorable I so wish they will consider extending because I want to own this :(

The skirted suspender I got in a large, because when I've tried medium bottoms from the brand before they have been a little tight, however I think this ran a little on the big side, even though it doesn't seem to look it on the photos! It is a thong, (my lovely starry pants seem well hidden in this photo, they weren't in the rest!) I do find that because I needed the larger size when you lift the skirted part, it looks (and possibly could be) uncomfortable at the front as the front part of the thong is pretty small. If it were slightly bigger I think it would be better. (it might not be like that on everyone)
Overall I do think it is very cute and I do love the idea of skirt.

(Photos 1 and 2 are taken from the LargeCup Lingerie website all the rest are of me)

*The Frankie bra and skirted suspender along with other matching bottoms are available from LargeCup and they are currently in the sale! So the bra is currently £15.60 and the skirted suspender £10.50*

{This bra was sent as a gift, but this didn't affect my review at all}



6 comments:

  1. Frankie does look cute on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really did love it, any chance you'd consider making it in bigger cup sizes at all? I'm loving the fact that you guys seem to listen a lot to customer feedback, the slight changes you've made from bra to bra have been great! xx

      Delete
  2. We are going to be expanding our size range eventually both back and cup but want to perfect the fit of our current size range first!:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMAZING news!! I still trying to try as many as I can, the queenie is on my list, and I have Olivia in my hours (she's a stunner) I just need more money!! Might get some lottery tickets and pray for a christmas miracle!! xx

      Delete
    2. Very helpful review. This orange-in-a-glass issue that i have seen time & again in reviews, & very clearly shown in pix such as yours, & fullerfigurefullerbust & brasihate&love, is what keeps me from trying this brand. That sharp V dip downward in all their wires - as opposed to a nice softened U - reminds me of Panache. I.e. I want to rip it off after 4 hours sitting at my desk. Birds of a Feather shows this crazy sharp curve with a lot of emptiness at cup bottom the most, I think. A real shame, as I'd love to try the brand based on materials & design alone. But I think they have some work to do on fit.

      Delete
    3. It has happened with other brands too, it's the shape of my boobs I think that causes the problem not the bra itself, unfortunately not every shape will work. I do think had this been available to try in a 32J it would have been perfect. x

      Delete