Saturday, 30 November 2013

Keeping it Dotty



So continuing the spotty theme, I think it's high time I reviewed my last Bravissimo purchase which was the Dotty Spot. I did try the previous two colour ways when they were out, the aqua and red and well as the black and cafe both seen here being reviewed by the lovely Anna who runs Bras and Body Image. Whilst they were lovely colour ways at the time of them being out my shape didn't work with the bra and I couldn't seem to get the right fit in them. But when I saw the red and white colour way I knew I had to try it.




I brought this in September as I was down to one bra, (that didn't really fit) and when I visited my sister in Scotland, while we waited in Endinbrough I thought it would be best if I went and found a new bra. Now I had previously been fitted into the Dotty Spot in the Leeds store about 2 weeks before the trip so when I went in I asked for the same size and it was a perfect fit again. I hadn't managed to shrink back down again so my new size was deemed a 32H.





This is one of the best fitting bras I have had for some time, although there is a slight wrinkle in the fabric, the cup fits perfectly and the wires don't dig in at the sides as well as not sitting too high and stabbing me in the armpit. I will admit it took a little getting used to because I had constantly been in more plunge shape bras than anything, the higher centre gore felt very strange and whilst it felt like it was digging in after a while I didn't notice it and put it down to not wearing bras with higher gores for some time. The band was also great, I do prefer really tight bands so naturally I did ask to try the 30HH on just incase but I couldn't actually get it done up, so the 32 is fine and I'm only just tightening the back by moving to the middle hooks, which is pretty rare having taken me 3 months instead of 3 or 4 weeks I find with other bras.

I feel I have to mention this though, I don't quite know why but the bra doesn't quite give the natural rounded shape I know at least I normally want, it is as you can see quite pointy and to some women that might be off putting, I think people should try it and see before completely saying no though. I found myself loving it though, it creates a different shape that works really well under clothes and I think it's quite vingtagey and reminiscent of bullet bras. 

The colour and print I find just up my ally, I adore red so it was a given I'd like this, although I think I would prefer black to white spots, it looks very cute as it is and the bows attached to the gore and the base of the straps add to the cuteness.

If I were to pick one bad point about the bra, I would have to say I find the straps a bit slippy, they slip off my shoulders and the fabric with it being shiny I find it slips when I have tightened it, and by the end of the day it's gone back to where it was. I am looking for a way to stop this happening because it is a niggle that bothers me now, as the straps don't hold all the weight of my boobs but they do hold a fair amount and if the straps loosen the boobs droop a little.

(photo one taken from the Bravissimo website the rest are me)

*Dotty Spot is available online at Bravissimo and in their stores and the bra is £29*

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. Do they come with matching panties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it does, they have matching shorts or a matching brief :)

      Delete
  2. Endinbrough = Edinburgh?

    ReplyDelete